◆ Eligibility for Program A&B
◆ Eligibility for Summer Program 2018
◆ Eligibility for Program C
- You must be a student currently enrolled in one of UMAP’s participating universities. At the time of completion, you must still be a student of that university (If you graduate from your university before the end of the program, you will not be eligible to apply).
- Your university must have submitted the ‘Outline of Proposals’ and be listed in the Program A&B page during the time of the application period.
- Only students of UMAP member universities are eligible to apply.
- Must be students of UMAP full member universities/institutions (Countries/territories that are eligible for application include Bangladesh, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Taiwan, and Vietnam; For Thailand, only students from Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok University, and KMUTT are eligible to apply)
- Ages preferably between 18-23 years old, as of April 1, 2018
- English Proficiency scores for non-native English-speaking applicants (IELTS: overall score of 5.0// TOEFL: overall score of 61 iBT/ 173 CBT/ 500 PBT// TOEIC: overall Score of 650 or Other English Proficiency Test which is equivalent to the test mentioned above)
- Submission of 250-word statement of purpose, together with a letter of nomination from a home university.
- Must be willing to partake in and contribute to all lectures and activities of the UMAP Discovery Camp 2018.
- Be physically fit to travel and able to engage in all activities such as walking and bike-riding
- Must obtain a permit to enter Thailand as stated in the following website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908 , if required.
- Must be responsible for own expenses for travel arrangements to Thailand, travel and medical insurance.
◆ Application Procedures for programs A&B
- Click the “Program list” and review the information on this website about the programs’contents, length, available credits, application deadline, Language Proficiency Requirements and housing information etc. before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (you can download it from the link below) for the desired university and submit it to the UMAP coordinator at your home university/institution.
- Once you are confirmed as an applicant by the university/institution, the UMAP coordinator at your home university will send your application form to the UMAP International Secretariat. Please then follow the directions of the coordinator at your home university. Please do not send your application directly to UMAP International Secretariat.
(*Please note that the Program A&B application for Autumn 2018 has ended on March 5th. Details of the application period for Spring 2019 will start late June.)
◆ Application Procedures for Program C
◆ Application Procedures for Summer Program 2018
- Click the “Program list” and review the information on this website about the programs’ contents, length, available credits, application deadline and tuition and other fees before applying.
- Download and complete the application form (you can download it from the link below) for the desired program and submit it to the UMAP coordinator at your home university/institution.
- Once you are confirmed as an applicant, the UMAP coordinator at your home university will send your application form to the UMAP International Secretariat. Please then follow the directions of the coordinator at your home university.
- Please carefully read and fill in the application form: http://bit.ly/2EqV9oJ
- Prepare the following document files: (1) Copy of Passport, (2) 250-word Statement of Purpose, (3) English Language Proficiency Test Score, (4)Letter of Nomination from Home University
- After submitting the application form, please send the 4 above-mentioned files to “email@example.com“
◆ The UMAP Taiwan Exchange Student Scholarship Program (for Program A)
The UMAP Taiwan Exchange Scholarship Program funded by the UMAP Taiwan National Secretariat (NS) has been established to encourage university student exchanges between UMAP member countries/territories, and promote cultural and academic exchanges between Taiwan and other countries/territories, fostering mutual understanding. For more details, please download scholarship regulations and application form from the button below.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship, please contact UMAP Taiwan NS. (List of UMAP NS)
◆ The UMAP Japan Exchange Scholarship Program (for Program A)
The UMAP Japan Exchange Scholarship is funded by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). JASSO intends to foster the development of creative individuals who, rich in humanism, will become the leaders of society in the next generation, while at the same time, to promote international understanding and exchange. Each year, JASSO reserves their scholarship for certain number of UMAP exchange students; the probability of receiving the grant for UMAP exchange students will, therefore, be higher than general exchange students.
1.) When students are accepted by Japanese universities, the UMAP IS will inform JASSO of all the eligible students
2.) After preliminary examination and checking, JASSO will nominate candidates of awardee to host universities
3.) UMAP Coordinators of the host universities will then notify the students