The Japan Hub for Innovative Global Education (JIGE) Project is pleased to invite you to the JIGE Kick-Off Symposium scheduled for January 24-26, 2024 in Tokyo, Osaka, and Online (Zoom). This hybrid symposium will feature various sessions, workshops, and keynote presentations marking the commencement of the JIGE project in Japan.
JIGE is a groundbreaking global education initiative by three Japanese Universities (Kansai University, Tohoku University, and Chiba University) aimed at revolutionizing higher education and workforce development through innovative virtual, blended mobility, and internship programs. More information and the registration link can be found here: linktr.ee/JIGESymposium
The Network for Education and Research on Peace and Sustainability at Hiroshima University, Japan, will be hosting their annual Conference March 6-9, 2024. The deadline for submission of conference abstracts is November 15, 2023. There are opportunities for publishing as well as financial aid for students. Complete details are available from: https://nerps.org/hiroshima_nerps2024/
The THE Campus Live Event brings together higher education leaders, outstanding industry partners, and policy experts to discuss how higher education can be a tool for economic and social transformation. Speakers from across the SE Asia region and beyond examine higher education’s transformative role in empowering people from different sectors of society and ensuring sustainability in such challenging times.
Agenda themes include:
The event will take place from 22 to 23 November 2023 at De La Salle University and will feature speakers from several UMAP member institutions.
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.timeshighered-events.com/live-seasia-2023/home
Super early bird registration available until September 29, 2023!
The SIIEJ2023 will be held in Sendai at Tohoku University on July 20-21, 2023. Three special event sessions will be held online with simultaneous translation via ZOOM. Registration is free but required by 12:00 Monday July 17 (JST).
– Opening Event (13:00-14:00 JST, Thursday, July 20)
King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) is pleased to announce the Thailand UMAP Micro Credential program Phase 3 which is aimed to fulfil the needs of learners who seek to upskill and reskill, develop needed specific competencies, or lifelong learning.
The application deadline is 14 July 2023 at 1:00 pm. (GMT+7, Bangkok, Thailand). There is no cost to participate for UMAP member institution students. Apply here: https://usco2.umap.org/ProgramDetails/Details/853
Toyo University, Japan, as Secretariat for the Online Exchange Program (OEP) is pleased to announce the call for participation for the Fall 2023 virtual education program.
Each participating institution is asked to offer one to five courses for the OEP. For the fall 2023 semester, participating institutions are asked to select courses related to the SDGs or environmental issues. There is no need to create new academic courses.
These are the guidelines for the program:
1. Courses available through OEP are preferably live online academic courses that offer opportunities for student interaction. The course topic of the OEP programs should be related to SDGs or environmental issues.
2. Each faculty/department/institution offering courses through OEP is recommended to offer one to five courses and at least two seats per course to exchange students. Each faculty/department/institution can then send the same number of students to other participating institutions. With the permission of the host university, it is possible to send a number of students that exceeds the home institutions’ capacity to receive OEP students. The tuition fee should be waived.
3. Students can apply for up to four courses and enroll in up to two at the same time from the course list offered by participating universities. This condition aims to increase the number of participants in OEP courses and provide students with as many opportunities as possible to participate.
4. As a general rule, students are not permitted to cancel or withdraw from a course for which they have been accepted. If a student cancels because of force majeure, contingent reasons, or personal reasons, the student is required to inform the persons in charge at the host institution, as well as the OEP secretariat (Toyo University) through the student’s home university/institution.
5. After the completion of the semester, host institutions are required to report to the OEP Secretariat at Toyo University on the completion status of the participating students (including UCTS credit conversion). Host institutions are requested to provide the same kind of transcript of records that they issue regularly to exchange students. Students and home coordinators will convert the credits to UCTS. For information about UCTS, please refer to: https://bit.ly/33lSQyq
To participate in the OEP, complete the Outline of Proposal Form and return it to Toyo University by June 23, 2023.
Students may apply from July 10-July 24, 2023. Students submit applications through home institution coordinators, who will communicate via email with participating institutions. This program is not based in the USCO system.
For more details, please visit: https://www.toyo.ac.jp/en/international-exchange/Online-Program/OEP/
The Sengsavanh Institute of Business, Vientiane, Laos, is looking for Health and Sciences partner institutions and universities across the globe to develop academic partnerships in our newly developed campus, SIB International Education Hub. Please contact the Laos National Secretariat for more information.
Check out the new promotional video from the UMAP Indonesia Winter Discovery Camp!
Deadline: December 16, 2022
Apply Now: https://usco2.umap.org/ProgramDetails/Details/516
Kansai University IIGE is pleased to announce the Winter 2023 J-MCP Programs for students from UMAP-affiliated institutions to take part in from February 2 – March 8, 2023.
The application deadline has been extended to January 10, 2023, 12:00PM JST.
Apply through USCO2: https://usco2.umap.org/ProgramDetails/Details/588
Main Program Dates:
February 6 – February 24, 2023, final presentations: March 8 (21st Century Skills);
2 February – 25 February, 2023 (SDGs & Business: Web3)
Pre- and post-program tasks: Within one week prior to and after the main program *On-demand
ZOOM LECTURE DATES
21st Century Skills: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays (10:00 am – 11:30 am JST)
SDGs & Business Web3: LIVE program hours will be between 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (JST) on the following dates: February 2, February 3, February 6, February 7, February 9, February 10, February 13, February 14, February 16, February 17, February 20, February 21, February 23, February 24, and February 25, 2023
Please email email@example.com, attn IIGE Secretariat
clearly indicating in the subject line that your inquiry relates to “J-MCP Winter 2023 Programs”