National Chung Cheng UniversityChiayi Taiwan
National Chung Cheng University was founded to meet the needs of qualified, highly motivated persons whose main goal is to pursue professional career and make a positive impact to this world.
It’s the first university in Taiwan to operate the regional campus in the Southern Taiwan Science Park to build up the co-op relationship with high-tech manufactures, CCU achieves the links between academic researches and industrial developments.
The university is the first in Taiwan to establish a TEAL (technology enabled active learning used at the MIT, USA) classroom to seek novel ways to enhance pedagogical effectiveness.
1. As a top research institute in promoting academic integrity:
A total of 125 professors have been awarded nationally recognized academic or research awards.
The Department of Life Science led the world by successfully isolating ovarian cancer stem cell.
The Graduate Institute of Linguistics has successfully developed the globally recognized ”Sign Language Dictionary Online.”
All departments in College of Engineering have been approved by Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET) for course accreditations.
Collaborative projects have been launched or partnership agreements have been signed with the government, private organizations, and academic institutes home and abroad, such as Industrial Technology Research Institute, Central Police University, National Health Research Institutes, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Tzu Chi General Hospital and Chia-yi Christian Hospital.
The university has pioneered research into the disciplines as opto-mechatronics, criminology, and seismology, and has highly ranked Colleges of Law, Management, and Engineering.
2. As a leading university in teaching excellence: the university has been supported by MOE Teaching Excellence Project in 6 consecutive years since 2006.
3. As a green university: Since 2009, the energy-saving measures and “Green Campus program” have been funded with the government support to build as an exemplary site of a green campus through solar power.
4. As a center for educational services: The university is committed to offering valued educational services to the community as well as alumni of the university.
5. As one university in southern Alliance university system: The university is forging a southern Alliance with three other main research-intensive universities in central and southern Taiwan for sharing educational resources, enhancing collaborative research with local industries, and fostering inter-university research projects.
2016 Google University Ranking: 13th in Taiwan, 110th in Asia, 601st in the World
◆UMAP Contact Person
◆Regular Academic Calendar
◆Semester Load in Credits/Units
◆General Timetable and Requirements for Graduation
varies from each department
◆List of Study Programs that are open for International Exchanges
Academic program: http://kiki.ccu.edu.tw/~ccmisp06/Course
English-Taught Courses: https://kiki.ccu.edu.tw/~ccmisp06//Course/all_english.html
◆Exchange- Related Information
Certificate of Chinese proficiency TOCFL 3 or HSK 3
For other departments
No official requirement, but students must be fluent in either the Chinese or English language
2. In addition to the courses at hosting department, it’s also available for exchange/ visiting students to choose the class at our Center for Language Studies and other colleges/ departments (must be agreed by each lecturer).
3. University Language Center offers various language learning courses, information available at: http://cls.ccu.edu.tw/center/1041_chinese_course.php
(Free for exchange/visiting students)
Undergraduate students:4 students in one room
Fee: around USD320 per semester
More information: https://goo.gl/zhAPTk
Master students: 2 students in one room
PHD students: 1 to 3 students in one room
Fee: USD310-360 per semester
If students don’t want to live in the dormitory on campus, the Office of International Affairs can help them to find an off-campus single room. The walking distance from the off-campus dormitory to CCU’s main gate is about 10 minutes.
Dormitory fee: from USD600-700 per semester (4.5 months)
Deposit: around USD 170
Water rate: around USD 4 per month
Electricity fee: should be paid by students every two months
information available at: http://www.gladsea.com.tw/
Those who stay in Taiwan for more than six months are required to apply for an ARC (Alien Resident Certificate).
From the seventh month after receiving the ARC, it’s mandatory for students to join in the National Health Insurance and pay about NTD749.00 per month for it. They are also required to get a short-term insurance which is valid during the first six months.
Required documents for visa extension:
˙1 photograph, passport,
˙Photocopy of student ID card.（No fee is required.）
International students who plan to study in Taiwan for more than six months are required to apply for a Resident Visa before arriving Taiwan.
＊ Resident Visa: This is a long-term visa with which the students can stay in Taiwan for more than 180 days. With such a visa, the student should apply for Alien Resident Certificate in National Immigration Agency within 15 days after entering the country. The application fee is NT$1,000.00. Six months after receiving Alien Resident Certificate, the students are required to join in National Health Insurance and pay about NT$749.00 per month for the insurance. Document required for the application of ARC:
˙Application form (with a photo in correct format)
˙Passport & resident visa
˙Photocopy of student ID card
˙Operation fee NTD1000
Application Submission Deadline: 20 November 2018