National Chengchi University (NCCU)Taipei Taiwan
|National Chengchi University (NCCU) was founded in 1927. Over the past 8 decades through re-formation and development, we have been upholding our motto, “Harmony, Independence, Balance and Preeminence”, and have continued to refine our teaching methods and research in order to nurture talent for our country and society.
We currently have 9 colleges excelling in the Liberal Arts, Law, Commerce, Science, Foreign Languages, Social Sciences, Communication, International Affairsand, Education, 34 departments, and 48 postgraduate institutes, of which 34 offer doctoral programs. We have founded 16 on-the-job MA programs, and also 8 distinguished International Master’s Programs and 3 International Doctoral Programs.
◆UMAP Contact Person
Ms. Deborah Lee (inbound student)
Mr. Johnney Huang (outbound student)
◆Regular Academic Calendar
◆Semester Load in Credits/Units
◆General Timetable and Requirements for Graduation
◆List of Study Programs that are open for International Exchanges
2. List of English-taught Courses
3. Departments at NCCU
1. IMBA courses (code 933) and On-Job Training Programs are not available to exchange students.
2. Extended Minor Course with credit fee will not be available to exchange students
3. For doctoral students, the choice for English-taught courses are quite limited. Please see the course list before considering the exchange program.
◆Exchange- Related Information
**For students of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau nationality, we only accept 1-semester exchange due to visa issue.
**Chinese Language Proficiency:
Students who want to take academic classes taught in Chinese are advised to have Chinese proficiency at least equivalent to TOCFL Superior / HSK Level 4.
**English Language Proficiency:
Students who wish to take academic classes taught in English are advised to have English proficiency at least equivalent to TOEFL iBT 79-80 / IELTS 6.0 / TOEIC 700/ CEFR B2.
4-person room for undergraduate: around NT$11,000/semester
2-person room for graduate: NT$23,000/semester
(Price may vary annually)
Besides the dorm fee, student will also need to pay NT$1,000 dorm deposit separately, which will be returned after checking out if the room is clean and undamaged.
I-House at a glance:
Numbers: 65 Single Suites/ 30 Double Suites
Rent: (Price may vary annually)
NT$58,500 per person per semester (Single Suite)
NT$38,250 per person per semester (Double Suite, room shared by 2 person)
*Additional Fees: refundable deposit of one-month rent, phone call and electricity fees (if exceeds the free basic quota)
* Apply to 1-semester exchange students: Buy overseas medical insurance in home country to cover the entire stay in Taiwan. The fee varies in different countries.
* Apply to 1-year exchange students with ARC (Alien Resident Certificate):
1. Buy Overseas Medical Insurance in home country before departure for at least the first 6 months in Taiwan (Sept.-Jan. or Feb.-July). The fee varies in different countries.
2. Required to join the National Health Insurance after 6 months of continuous residence in Taiwan; insurance fee: NT$749/month
- Exchange for 1 year: Resident Visa (Apply Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days of arrival. Join National Health Insurance after a continuous residence in Taiwan for 6 months.
Application Submission Deadline:
2018 Apr 20th for 2018 Fall Semester
2018 Oct 20th for 2019 Spring Semester