Miriam CollegeQuezon City Philippines
|Miriam College is a premier Filipino Catholic institution of learning that forms leaders in service who combine competence with caring, are rooted in Filipino culture and Asian tradition, and yet are citizens of the world.
Miriam College, by integrating the work of education with the life of faith, develops persons, particularly girls and young women to build the Filipino nation and to be co-creators of God’s kingdom on earth.
Miriam College is committed to excellent academic programs infused with Christian values, enhanced by modern technology and enriched by national and international linkages.
Finally, Miriam College commits itself to creating and living within our school community the very changes we seek to realize in society. Miriam College, in partnership with families and the community, provides quality and relevant Christian education that prepares students to become effective leaders, lifelong learners, and productive citizens.
It offers excellent programs at the basic, tertiary, post graduate, and adult education levels through learner-centered, value-integrating, research-based, and innovative approaches.
◆UMAP Contact Person
◆Regular Academic Calendar
◆Semester Load in Credits/Units
◆General Timetable and Requirements for Graduation
between 163 to 257 credits (not applicable for UMAP Program A&B)
◆List of Study Programs that are open for International Exchanges
2. Bachelor of Science in Environmental Planning and Management course is anchored on the twin objectives of environmental sustainability and sound socio-economic growth. Urban planning courses provide you with present-day planning software technologies, covering Geographic Information System, urban and rural spatial development, environmental hazards and site vulnerability assessment, and Computer-Aided Design Techniques.
3. The Bachelor of Applied Arts in Visual Design is the ideal training ground if you want to have a career in the design profession and creative industries. The program will provide you a strong understanding of art, design and culture. You will be taught how to develop creative thinking strategies and produce effective and innovative solutions to visual communication design challenges, using multimedia platforms, techniques in classical drawing, and new digital media formats.
4. Entrepreneurship program hones and develops students towards entrepreneurial mindset and competencies. Students will learn business design, essentials in product launch, and business operation. By the end of the course students will have their own start-up ventures.
5. Bachelor of Early Childhood Education prepares you for a career in early childhood education, specifically in the formation of preschool and grade school students.
6. International Studies program is among the few schools that offers specialized tracks in International Politics and Global Development Studies, with emphasis on gender, peace and human rights. Our curriculum prepares the students to pursue careers in local, national, and international agencies and organizations as well as in the government and the private sector.
7. The Leisure and Tourism Management (LTM) Program is designed to prepare you to become career specialists and decision makers in the leisure and tourism industries in the Philippines and abroad.
8. The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program provides you basic knowledge and skills in Psychology, which may help you answer life’s biggest questions, such as, “Why do people behave the way they do?”, “Why do people have different personalities?”, and “What is intelligence?”, among others. A degree of BA Psychology allows for a diverse selection of career paths after graduation because it allows the undergraduate to explore their options through an offering of free electives. The BA Psychology program provides initial training for those aiming to become licensed psychometricians, special attention to those who intend to practice in the field of human resources, preparation for those interested to work in the academe, and a strong foundation for those who intend to pursue research work. Graduates can also look at pursuing graduate studies in psychology and related disciplines (e.g., law, management, etc.).
9. The Bachelor of Science in Psychology program provides you basic knowledge and skills in Psychology, which may help you answer life’s biggest questions, such as, “Why do people behave the way they do?”, “Why do people have different personalities?”, and “What is intelligence?”, among others. It also provides additional preparation in the natural sciences. A degree of BS Psychology allows for a specialized career path after graduation with its offering of science electives. The BS Psychology program provides preparation for those aiming to pursue advanced studies in medicine or related health fields, initial training for those who intend to become licensed psychometricians, special attention to those who plan to practice in the field of human resources, preparation for those interested to work in the academe, and a strong foundation for those who intend to pursue research work. Graduates can also look at pursuing graduate studies in psychology and related disciplines.
10. The Business Administration Program has two (2) major programs: Marketing Management Our Marketing Management program focuses on current marketing principles and practices. The program is also abreast with the latest business trends by continuously mining consumer insights. Better understanding of social, political and economic factors are given emphasis as a key to strategic business plan. The program aims to develop you as professional marketing practitioners who are creative, innovative, tactical thinkers, environmentally-conscious and socially responsible. Financial Management The Financial Management program exposes you to current realities of the Philippine business environment and effects of the international market. The program aims to develop you into honest and trustworthy finance managers. Our graduates are strategy-minded and they possess the ability to understand all aspects of the business, proactive, analytical and team oriented. "
◆Exchange- Related Information
Miriam College Residence Hall http://www.mc.edu.ph/residence-hall
Application Submission Deadline: 4 October 2018