13-Apr-2020 Start of Student Application for the 3rd Cycle of Program C (Short-term summer programs 2020)
Dear Students who plan to apply for UMAP Program C 2020,
We are pleased to announce that the third cycle of student applications for Programs C 2020 has started today. Program C is short-term (one to eight-week long) programs offered by UMAP participating universities/institutions. Programs are generally offered between June and September, and are available in a wide range of disciplines: cultural studies, language proficiency courses, vocational training, entrepreneurship, and more.
If you are interested in participating in one of these programs, please review the information on the website (https://usco.umap.org) about the programs’ contents, length, available credits, language requirement and fees before applying.
This year UMAP operates three cycles for Program C and each university/institution offers their programs depending upon their schedules of courses. You need to check in which cycle(s) of application period, your preferred programs are offered (The application for the 1st & 2nd Cycles has ended). And please note that you are required to be nominated by your home institution in order to apply for programs. The application period of the third cycle for both you and UMAP Coordinators at your home institution is as follows;
From 13 April to 22 May 2020 (deadline) (for the 3rd Cycle)
Therefore, you need to submit your application according to the adapted schedule of your home institution. For the acceptance of students’ applications, the following three steps must be completed:
REGISTRATION — Students should create an account on the UMAP Student Connection Online (USCO) System by registering their email address and password ( https://usco.umap.org/std/ ). For more information about the USCO System, students can check the Student User Manual through this link; http://umap.org/usco/#students-manual
APPLICATION — Students complete the Application Form in the USCO System for up to three preferred programs and click “Save and Submit”. The USCO System will automatically inform the UMAP coordinators at the home university/institution that an application has been submitted. Applications will be accepted by 22 May 2020 (for the 3rd Cycle).
NOMINATION — Coordinators log into the USCO System and check the applications they have received, and nominate them by clicking “Approve”.
- Only students of universities/institutions that have signed the “Pledge of Agreement” are able to apply for those programs. And home universities/institutions are required to register their Coordinators Information as well as Institution Information on USCO System. To check whether your home institution is eligible or not, please search the following link;
- Unlike Program A&B, their home universities/institutions do not have to participate or offer this program in order for the students to apply for this specific program.
- There are no limits for the number of nominees from home universities/institutions.
- We only accept applications with nomination (applications that are approved) from home universities/institutions.
- For the schedule of application, nomination and approval, please refer to the Timeline of each cycle of the USCO System; https://usco.umap.org/std/unv_period/?nav_flg=1
We look forward to receiving many applications.