19-Dec-2019 Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
A very fruitful and productive year of 2019 has almost come to an end. Let us take a look on what UMAP has achieved throughout the year.
New UMAP Member Institutions
- Australia, Chile, Indonesia, Macau, and the United States have officially become UMAP’s Full Member countries this year.
New UMAP Promotional Video and Twitter Account
- UMAP has published a new promotional video to attract more students and institutions across the globe to join our network in the future.
- UMAP has created a new social media account in Twitter (@UMAP_ORG).
Revised UMAP Student Connection Online (USCO) System Manual
- With the newly established USCO System, UMAP has published a revised USCO System Manual for both students and institutions.
UMAP Discovery Camp 2019 in Taipei, Taiwan (August 4 – August 17)
- Organized by Ministry of Education, UMAP Taiwan National Secretariat, Fu Jen Catholic University
- 36 international students from 9 countries participated in the summer program to engage in a journey to learn more about Taiwan in an international environment.
UMAP-COIL Joint Honors Program (August 4 – August 23)
- Organized by the Institute for Innovative Global Education (IIGE), Kansai University, and UMAP International Secretariat
- 16 international students from 6 countries participated in a Peace Boat cruise, that docked at various ports in Japan, South Korea, and Russia, to take part in Sustainable Development Goals and peace-themed fieldwork, cultural activities, and events.
UMAP Research Net
- The final report of the selected UMAP Research Net 2018 has been uploaded to the website. The report is titled “Development of Students’ Readiness for the ‘Life-in-the-Real-World’ through Working with Peers and Problem-Based Learning”
These achievements would not have been possible without the active participation and generous support from UMAP National Secretariats, member universities and students all over the world. We would like to express our sincerest appreciation for your active participation and generous support in making these achievements possible. We look forward to continued success with you in the coming year.
We wish you a peaceful holiday season and a wonderful New Year!
(Kindly note that UMAP International Secretariat will be closed from December 25 through January 5 for the New Year holidays. Our office will resume on January 6)