06-Feb-2019 AIEA Annual Conference 2019 Report
UMAP IS and TOYO University co-hosted a booth as Gold Sponsor during the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA) 2019 Annual Conference that was held in San Fransisco, California, USA from 20th to 23rd January 2019; and had three sessions with the following presenters:
- Dr. Martin Randal, Executive Director of BCCIE
- Dr. John S. Lucas, President and CEO of International Student Exchange Programs (ISEP)
- Dr. George T. Sipos, Director of International Education and Senior International Officer at the SUNY College at Brockport
- Prof. Shingo Ashizawa, Deputy Executive Director on UMAP IS/ Professor of Toyo University
“Building Strategic Partnerships for Student Mobility in the Asia Pacific Region”
Representatives from two major private universities in Tokyo (Waseda and Toyo introduced their efforts to increase partnerships in the US. The audience also learned about new initiatives of UMAP (University Mobility in Asia and Pacific).
- Mr. Anthony Johnson, Regional Manager of WASEDA USA
- Prof. Shingo Ashizawa, Deputy Secretary General of UMAP International Secretariat / Professor of Toyo University
Deputy Director for Center for Global Education and Exchange/Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, Toyo University presented significant internationalized programs of Toyo University, and introduced UMAP on behalf of Secretary General of UMAP International Secretariat which has been served by Toyo University since 2016.