21-Dec-2018 Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
It is almost the end of a productive and rewarding 2018. We would like to show you some of UMAP’s activities that have been successfully achieved throughout the year:
New UMAP member institutions
- 30 institutions from 13 countries signed up to join UMAP network as member institutions.
Re-establishment of UMAP Student Connection Online (USCO) System
- A user-friendly platform for students, home institutions and host institutions.
- Increased efficiency for communication, data storage and synchronization.
- The USCO System is also in use for admission of Program A/B, from 2019’s Autumn semester.
UMAP Discovery Camp 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand (July 22nd – August 4th)
- Organized by the Office of Higher Education and three co-host: Bangkok University, Chulalongkorn University and King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi.
- 40 international students from 28 universities from 9 countries participated in the summer program to engage in a journey of self-discovery and exploration of Thai culture.
UMAP International Forum in Osaka, Japan (September 24th)
- The Forum focused on “Student Mobility in the Asia-Pacific Region and Japan’s Role”.
- 100 professors, scholars, government officials and other delegates from the Asia-Pacific region attended the Forum that was held at Osaka University of Commerce.
We would like to express our sincerest appreciation to all UMAP National Secretariats, member universities and students all over the world for their active participation and generous support in making these achievements possible.
We wish you a peaceful holiday season and a wonderful New Year!
(Kindly note that UMAP International Secretariat will be closed from December 22nd through January 3rd for the New Year holidays. Our office will resume on January 4th)