03-Oct-2018 UMAP International Forum 2018
On 24 September, 2018, UMAP International Forum was held at Osaka University of Commerce, Osaka, Japan. Around 100 professors, scholars, government officials, and other delegates from throughout the Asia-Pacific region attended the Forum. Exploring “Student Mobility in the Asia-Pacific Region and Japan’s Role”, the Forum was a tremendous success.
The report of the Forum will be submitted by Japan and UMAP Joint Research Team (Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) Sponsored by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (17H01025)) which co-hosted the event.
1. Dr. Ichiro Tanioka(Osaka University of Commerce/UMAP Japan National Secretariat, Steering Committee for UMAP International Secretariat)
2. Dr. Noor Azlan Ghazali(Chairman, UMAP / Vice President, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
In their keynote addresses, Dr. Deane Neubauer (University of Hawaii at Mānoa, U.S.A.), Dr. Nopraenue Dhirathiti (Mahidol University, Thailand) and Dr. Teofilo C. Daquila (NUS Teaching Academy, Singapore) shared their experiences and addressed future perspectives on student mobility and Japan’s role. Following the keynote speeches was a panel discussion on “Future Development of UMAP”. In an open and amicable atmosphere, the esteemed panel shared innovative ideas initiated and had a fruitful discussion.
After the Forum, participants were invited to the Reception by UMAP Japan National Committee. Opening message from Dr. Sugata Takahashi(President of Niigata University). Mr. Yoshikazu Noda, Mayor of Higashiosaka, then toasted and gave speeches for the great success of the Forum followed by the closing from Prof. Shingo Ashizawa (Deputy Secretary General of UMAP IS/Professor of Toyo University)
-Nara University Visit and Excursion to Todaiji Temple, Nara-
On September 26, the International Forum concluded with a visit to Nara University and trip to Todaiji temple in Nara.
UMAP would like to sincerely thank everyone who joined us for the UMAP International Forum. Because of your attendance and active participation, the UMAP International Forum 2018 was a huge success. Organizers: UMAP International Secretariat and UMAP Japan National Committee Supporters: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology(MEXT), Japan and UMAP Joint Research Team (Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) Sponsored by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (17H01025))
Presentation slides are available in the link below:
1. Dr. Deane Neubauer (University of Hawaii at Mānoa, U.S.A.) PPT
2. Dr. Nopraenue Dhirathiti (Mahidol University, Thailand) PPT
3. Dr. Serafin L. Ngohayon (Ifugao State University, Philippines) PPT
4. Dr. Teofilo C. Daquila (NUS Teaching Academy, Singapore) PPT
-Panel Discussion- “Future Development of UMAP”
1. Prof. Taiji Hotta (Hiroshima University)
2. Prof. Kazuo Kuroda (Waseda University)
Panelists: Selected speakers from UMAP member countries/territories:
1. Dr. Deane Neubauer (University of Hawaii at Mānoa, U.S.A.)
2. Mr. Colin Doerr (British Columbia Council for International Education, Canada) PPT
3. Mr. Andy Cheu-An Bi (Ministry of Education, Taiwan) PPT
4. Ms. Lakhana Dockiao (The Office of the Higher Education Commission, Thailand) PPT