10-Dec-2017 Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
Season’s Greetings from UMAP!
A very fruitful 2017 has almost come to an end. Let us take a moment to look back on what UMAP has achieved this year:
- Program A&B saw a 4% increase in the number of participating universities (78 universities) and a 36% increase in the number of exchange students (68 students) over 2016
- There was a 54% increase in the number of exchange students (63 students) in Program C.
- UMAP Summer Program welcomed 22 international students to Toyo University and Niigata University, where they explored “Doors to Japan – History and Presence of Japanese Culture, Society and the Environment”
- UMAP Research Net received the final reports from Dr. Fauzan Khairi Che Harun (Deputy Director, Global Education, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia) and Dr. Jane Jackson (Department of English, the Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- UMAP International Secretariat successfully held its 2nd Board Meeting, International Forum and workshops on student mobility, attracting more than 180 participants.
These achievements would not have been possible without the active participation and generous support from UMAP National Secretariats, member universities and students all over the world. We are proud of all you have done and grateful for your contributions. We look forward to continued success with you in the coming year.
UMAP wishes you a joyful holiday season and prosperous New Year!
(Kindly note that UMAP International Secretariat will be closed from December 26 through January 4 for the New Year holidays.)